Monday, April 21, 2008

April showers bring...


Stinging Nettle- makes good tea, not good company...this is the stuff with which itch was made of...


April morning sunrise


I found mushrooms, I found mushrooms!!!!! Although unedible, gorgeous fungi.


Big ol' fungi


Forsythia-Bright as the sun


You are beautiful, yes- but not my type...


Praying Mantis egg sac- just so you know if you find them midst your twigs, keep 'em there...Great little troopers for the garden!



Snake Love- (Now I know why the snake was out so early, he was in the mood...)

No, I have not found the mushrooms yet- I vow not to blog until I have found them. Stupid mushrooms. And mushroom hunters...just like the ever loyal Cub fan, always hopeful...
Take care-

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of camera you using, Terry?

truewonder said...

Oh no...a technical question! It is a Canon PowerShot sx100, 10x zoom. I have to be completely honest here, I never even read the manual on how to use this thing...so, I just take lots of pictures and have mostly figured it out. For my money, it is a great little camera, it's utility is endless. The only down side is I really need to get a tripod for the close up shots, to hold it totally steady. I use to use a Canon AE1 35mm, a manuel with programmable features, a dinosaur now in these digital times. It is still my favorite camera...though my sweet Lils has latched onto it, need to find that girl a dark room. Good day,
Terry

Anonymous said...

I hope you found some mushrooms today . . .I enjoy all of your pictures and your stories - I can hear you as I read every word you write. All along, I thought your dad was the only good story teller in your family. I think you have him beat!
Enjoying every word . . .Kim W.

Lorrie said...

Fun pictures! I learned the hard way about stinging nettle when I was about 6 years old and pulling green stuff to shove through the wire to feed to my granddaddy's pigs. My sweet ole white-haird graddaddy spent quite a while picking stuff out of my little hand.