Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Spark!





Good morning.

Started my final list- it is 57 lines long.

Caught my girls being happy- carving pumpkins on the front porch. Beautiful sisters.

Gathered with friends last evening for a meal and more.

Catching sight of the colors soon to leave, my oh my how triumphant the blaze these days!

Bright skies greet me, the stars glare with beams of coolness- the night sky of colder days always sharpens the view.




R.D says harvest is in full motion for him...finally!




The farm is sold. All is gold. And I am it's keeper no more...




(Beginning to realize though, I never truly was. Participating these last eighteen years has been an absolute pleasure...)



Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.



~ Dr. Seuss




(and my posts will get better, working on the pics and essaying it up that way...perhaps somebody somewhere will give me a writing/pictorial challenge-C'mon you brave and wondrous wanderers on the net- I want to tell the story of leaving without leaving anything out that matters in pics or words or poetry, but I need a prompt or a thump...something to hold this old blog over for awhile till I get settled in. Something worth reading and raving about...look at it like this, if you could interview someone as a reporter- what might your questions be? Spark the creativity of this here true wonder...)

and as always, do take care-

6 comments:

Jane said...

Glad you are doing well. I look forward to the changes in your blog. I recently revamped mine and have started back - it has been a long several months at school!

Jane

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm going to get my reporter skills in motion and try to get some ideas for you!! I haven't carved my pumpkin yet this year ... still waiting on a great idea for what design to do!!

Love you! Rhi

ConsciouslyFrugal said...

But, but...I just found you! I don't know enough about the farm yet! What's next? Why the sale? Oh, so many questions, so much reading to do.

Does your chest ache? Are you hopeful? Will you still be farming? I suppose I should read more older posts before I keep blabbing.

In other news--ya won my wee contest, so send your new address to consciouslyfrugal(at)yahoo(dot)com.

troutbirder said...

I'm glad to read things are working out for you. Keep blogging. Keep in touch wherever and however.

truewonder said...

Frugal,
Love your questions...I'll think long and hard on my meandering today, on the answers.
And yes, how my heart aches...
And yes- ever, ever hopeful.
The farming is in my blood, i still intend to "grow in a big way."
No worries on the connections, solid and open wide. And I can't thank you enough for all for the kinship and support.
Love to all,peace to all,joy to all- Beauty of the day.

Anonymous said...

O.K. Here's one question that maybe you could write about...... When I was a little girl and visited a place that I fell in love with; some magical spot of earth and sky that touched my heart, I would stand, facing the wind or the sunset and breathe it in as deeply as I could so it would become a part of me for always. I also always wanted to leave a part of myself there so it would remember me too. Concrete little thinker that I was, I would pluck one strand of long blonde hair and let it float on the breeze to land where it may. What, of you, remains at the farm no matter how far you travel from it? ~kathryn