Monday, July 5, 2010

The Truth About Squirrels

My name is Munk...

  I am a Nectarholic.  



The saga began when a self righteous old bitty,
 Ms. Nuthatch- came to call at our little homey cabin in the woods.

"Mrs. Squirrel, now I am not one to tell tales, but let me warn you!  Your husband has been hitting the hooch pretty hard!!"




"Oh No!!!!  
 I must speak to my mother!!!"

And she began to cry.


"HE DID WHAT??!!! 
 I warned you about him, I told you he'd never be more than a nut chucking ninny, didn't I?!!!!"



Oh I begged her to believe me when I said that I only had a snort here, a snort there...but she would not listen.  My lowest lows came to be. I began to hit the hard stuff more and more every day-



Even the hummingbirds no longer buzzed me, they just looked away.



"Hmmph!!!



But I didn't care, my mother-in-law had moved in...I had fallen from the grace of the Great Tree.




But then one day, it was like a light went off in my noggin'...I realized what I had to do!!!!



I explained to the little woman that if the wise dog knew what I was up to, maybe she could save me by keeping me away from the nectar bar!!   
"OOOHH that is a good idea, Mother is driving me off my nut!"

And so it came to be that dogs chased squirrels and sometimes vice versa...because if the truth be told, we all need a little nip now and then.  

THE END




A Fractured Fable by T.L. Starks...2010

11 comments:

Jane said...

Hillarious! Love the pictures that went with the story.

Jane

Jayne said...

Oh, that's too funny!

troutbirder said...

Hilarious! And true in my back yard as well.

Dawn said...

Hey TW,

cute story, we have the same saga on this coast.

I am so sorry about Gracie, I just lost an older dog unexpectedly also.

Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. I just post what I know, as I see you do also.
Peace!

audrey said...

Wonderful pics,,, you know I miss Ms. Etta my grandpuppy.
We have a squirrel here with only one half a tail after her momma got done.
Whats a squirrel to do,,,with a dog like you,, Hey Ter, lets write a Jack Russell blues.
Love you, miss you

ConsciouslyFrugal said...

Ahahahahahaha! Oh, that was so entertaining. I love the little "pleading" photo. So cute!

Anonymous said...

Made my day!!:) -Beka

truewonder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
truewonder said...

Geez, I pour my heart out on here yet I get the biggest response from a squirrelly story!!!
I'll never be an accomplished writer, SIGH-
...guess I'll just have to settle for Rodent Whisperer~

Coloradocasters said...

This post shows tremendous creativity and imagination. The writing and pictures married together quite well. I have a tremendous fear of rabid left handed squirrels BTW.

truewonder said...

Ha!!!