Wednesday, July 30, 2008

tiny prayer


Ken,

Here are some pics I promised, aren't they just wondrous??? I'm amazed that I was aware enough to notice, although I had seen the nest earlier in the year and was shocked to see that my bird tape I use to scare off the birds was used in the construction of the nest!!!
OK, now if you will, perhaps think of this quote along with the pics. We are this too, singers of life...

...Till suddenly they took heart and sang from many throats joyously together as birds are known to sing. They sang because life is sweet and sunshine beautiful. They sang under the brooding shadow of the raven. In simple truth they had forgotten the raven, for they were the singers of life, and not of death.
Loren Eiseley

(And last evening, I was so worried about these babies...the winds had almost blown down their sunflower jungle, how would they ever survive a storm and more rain?! I picked up an umbrella, intending to somehow position it over their little nest, hoping to secure it some way...when I spied their mama, their little tiny fortified Fort Knox of a mother spread eagled out across them, her wings stretched all the way over the little nest. With wind in her face and rain pounding her feathers, she faced the downpour like a Marine...forever true she was.) I'm hoping this morning still comes up and shines on that nest and all of it's occupants. That's my little tiny prayer for this day. Amen.

Take care-

No comments: