Egad! I have become practical. Let me explain- I made an appointment with a CPA, have connected with a land expert who will help me write a contract, I'm dotting my t's and slashing my i's, and reverse. I jell numbers and mostly am efficient with my time, think things through and manage the priorities pretty well. It just may be the apocalypse is upon us, hell is probably starting it's deep freeze right now as I type.
And it just so happens that I am allowed to whack my son today, 19 times- it's his birthday. Why all the serendipity, finally after all these years?! Heck if I know...
I think I'll list some quirks here- you folks hold me in such high regard, it's time you knew the truth!
1. I do not tolerate well- Pettiness. Gossip. Blame. Cruelty. Scheming.
2. I love to fly kites.
3. I'm real touchy about my food and where it comes from, how it's made and who raised it. I put forth great effort in supporting entrepreneurs, individuals, producers, businesses whose higher purpose is a common good when I make decisions on purchasing anything. (Although I don't trust the judgement on most green group mentality-personal research is the key. See #21.)
4. Sometimes the best answer is "Oh what the hell!" I've covered that briefly in former posts, but I think it's imperative to let yourself go sometimes in unexpected directions.
5. I love to canoe and kayak and want to fly a kite from said vessels- this is one of my highest aspirations.
6. I love mystery but will not debate mysteries concerning faith, love and why someone feels compelled to be just as they are, whether I agree with their lifestyle or not. Although I'm usually pretty open to discussion...
7. I find most people fascinating, everything interesting. Original thought and thinkers make me shut up and listen most intensively.
8. I abhor exercise although I love physical labor.
9. I'll try anything food wise, except eyeballs. The spicier- the better.
10. I love good tequila.
Cheap wine may be tolerable, but cheap tequila is a sin.
11. My favorite color has always been green, I find that odd.
12. I do not tolerate manipulation, guilt tactics- these two major character flaws shoot up like big bright red flags to my eyes and I will call anyone on it. And scheming people make me seethe, "Shame on you" a phrase I use with such people, I can't help it- I'm like a classic great grandmother.
13. I am whimsical to a fault.
14. I love adventure, little, big- it does not matter. New places, new things, people,traveling, different cultures -really, truly float my boat.
15. I love the Antique Road Show and long to win tickets.
16. I could sit for hours in the woods and forget all else.
17. Mushroom hunting is one of my most favorite ever and over activities.
18. Fishing runs a close second to mushroom hunting.
19. Good music, homemade wine, friends, a fire, the stars overhead and a good dog trump almost any sorrow of the day.
20. Being still brings me more answers than hours upon hours of study and research. I think for me, the light goes on only after all others have been turned off.
21. It's not that I'm such a non-conformist, I just don't like to follow ideas, fashion, trends, trendsetters, etc. whose final outcome is only based on monetary gain. Money has never been a goal of mine. I'd rather be enriched by a field of flowers than harvest an orchard of money trees. Pretty sick, huh?!
22. I'm slow to anger and quick to be grateful although I do get angry, can be petty, scheme if I'm dealing with schemers, and am awful thankful to have the skills, good health and good fortune to be in a position that keeps my bills paid.
23. I think it is the flaws of a person that make them most beautiful, this is where their weakness and greatest strength - where their true self, spirit, whatever you want to call it- the great unseen! intertwines and is revealed. There is nothing more wondrous to me on this earth than genuine beauty .
24. I think Henry David Thoreau and I would have been great friends. Walden is one of my favorite books.
25. Love wins.
26. A good quote beats a bad word any time. But sometimes slang is wit turned upside down...wit is damned attractive.