Thursday, February 14, 2008

little loving gestures mixed


"....doctor, doctor, give me the news....I've got a bad case..."
Well, that's just about perfect for this day and days past...I have had the I-feel-like-death-warmed-over and/or I've-been-rode-too-hard-and-put-away-wet flu. And little loving gestures mixed in with it makes me first question some intentions. I mean- I'm hacking and coughing and feverish and JUST LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE- and this sweeter than a blueberry pie Mainiac still comes around with poetry and flowers and wine and no whining, ever. Don't worry. I don't buy it either. He's probably an alien. For one thing- he's a big man, inside and out. Another- he's kind, even to teenagers! So, I'm thinking- martian...or, maybe a moon man. I have caught him howling a time or two... And he appreciates little things, like when I say thanks for this or thanks for that, when I laugh as the world seemingly cracks in half...I say how I appreciate this smile you've given me today. And then this extraterrestrial(?) smiles, too. Crazy, hypnotic alien stuff for sure. And we're not talking about love here, got it? Nope. This is science fiction, movie stuff, has to be...because I said so. This is my blog, and I can write about anything, in any way I want, and make it fit. Yep.
I cannot quite speak well of romantic love yet...for I never knew the size of this thing, how it might grow beyond any boundaries I lay out for it. It leaves one speechless, no words can contain it, describe it, fit it to fit. It becomes a menace when one tries to dissect it's essence-there is no ruler that can measure it, no cup that can hold it all, no mountain that can shade it. Love is borderless, beyond, below, above, around, through, in and out and everywhere...like a great ocean with no shore. So, out I'll float, with a firm boat??? built in planks of trust, friendship, respect, admiration, gratitude, joy, oh yes...joy shared, and shared and shared...always so much more than I can ever recollect or had ever hoped for. Oh, what faith have I in love? All the faith I need- is it enough, will it take more? Can I believe in it in times of trial again, will love see me through? True love? What is that? Does it mean I may borrow all I need and return it, even if it's used and worn over and over? Will it wear out or wear in? Does it not require all my attention, or do I accept it's longitude and latitude and keep flying higher, higher, to the heights of ecstasy and beyond? Are these questions to be questioned or should they be accepted as a doubter of love or a wonderer of love? Help me please, you lovers true and lovers old- what do you know that I do not? Does gray become you, in love?
For a true wonder, I'm awfully lost....happily, most sweetly, truly lost in some deep woods... compass isn't working, mine only points to North and South and East and West-which way is love? Pop quiz here, you will be graded by your comments- your answers must be felt from the heart, your experiences, or perhaps...if it has evaded you as well-speak of an inspiring love that you have observed-perhaps your grandparents? And if nothing comes to mind, it's ok. Have a good day anyway-hope the hearts and cards and candy don't drive you all to drink- I'm just saying, be careful. Love can sure make a sober fellow stinking drunk...
Take care-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well i am late to this quiz, and it sure is a popper, didn't know it was coming. but i would like to take a stab at a bit of your question......does gray work in love? well i guess you can read that question a whole lot of ways, but one way is what happens to love that won't go away, love that wears in like an old pair of jeans. love that knows the soft spots and tender places, the ones you used to hide, curl up in a ball so no one would see. what happens when the person who hitches their life to yours decides to stick around for the long haul? well you know what i found...i found the older i get the more i love the lumpy bumpy someone who loves me back. i love that we can breathe right in the same room, but maybe not the same song. i love how he knows just the right wind to blow under my wings. how he urges me to step off the ledge, because he believes in my flying. i think there isn't much rational commonsensical in love......i think you leap off the ledge. you trust in that kernel and nugget. and sometimes, sometimes, you find yourself flying....that's what i think. not sure if i answered your question, but yes, oh yes, i do believe in love......it ain't easy. but some days it is sooooo good. and looking back, it got me, in large dose, a lot farther on the road to somewhere than when i was traveling alone and trying to do it all by myself.....

Art-of-Facts said...

Taking the quiz on love - grabbing the brass ring if you will . . . Having APPEARED to have lost it once, possibly twice (the jury is still out)I look to heaven to show me the greatest example for what I have found is this: True love is out there waiting for us to reach out for it. Our hearts have to be conditioned to recognize it and made pliable to bend to it - this only happens after time. When we open ourselves to it, there is truth in that a day is like 5,000 as it will feel like no time is lost for what is truly meant to be will come from within - a rib that has already been placed - an instant recognition to that which is ours. As Garth sings . . . don't miss that dance for fear of the unknown . . . you have grown wise, my friend and your heart is generously pliable . . . grab the brass ring WHEN you recognize it . . . there will be not question at that time.